PDA

View Full Version : trouble inserting views

jeffw.151654
2008-01-10, 02:34 PM
i am using drafting views for my sections on this particular and there is 11 different files they we are using the same setions for and when i insert views from one revit file to another i can not get my sheet views for my details when i did this before on a different project with the same layout with different files using the same sections i was able to pull in drafting views and sheets all with these files i am using now i am not able to do that and i am using the same project file for my sections i used before

sjsl
2008-01-10, 04:32 PM
Wow, could you at least make an attempt at correct grammer and sentence structure so I can better understand your plight. Thanks!

jeffw.151654
2008-01-10, 04:51 PM
sorry in to big of a hurry and did not read back over before i posted

i am using drafting views for my sections on this particular project. there is 11 different files that we are using the same setions for and when i insert 2d views from one revit file to another i can not get my sheet views. when i did this before on a different project using the same method using the same file to pull views from i was able to pull in sheets. i just need to know if there is a setting to keep from pulling in sheet views.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-01-10, 05:00 PM
If I understand you correctly, your 2d views from other projects will only come in to a new project as drafting views. They still need to be placed onto sheets. You still need to create your section views in the new project and 'reference' the drafting views.

darickb
2009-04-07, 07:56 PM
check out these similar post, just trying to increase the chance of getting an answer.
http://discussion.autodesk.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=723071&tstart=0

m20roxxers
2009-04-07, 11:01 PM
If you have a set of drafting views on a sheet in another project, when you use the
insert from file > Views then you select your other file and click on the sheet (not the drafting views themselves) with the drafting views on it, it will load in the sheet and all your drafting views and assemble them.
Great tool for standard details.