PDA

View Full Version : cut plane for components

pmccord
2008-01-10, 05:56 PM
In the type of projects we do there are a lot of items that are placed higher than the floor plan cut line but still need to be shown on the floor plan (but they need to be correct in the elevations as well). Is there any way to change the cut line of individual items or components to make them show up on the floor plan but keep their proper height?

The only way I can think to accomplish this is to draw 2D lines on the plan to represent each item, but our projects will have this situation 100s of times. Any advice on how to accomplish this would be appreciated.

Scott D Davis
2008-01-10, 05:59 PM
Look into the tool called Plan Region. It does exactly what you are looking for, by designating an area (or areas) of a drawing to have different cut plane characteristics depending on a border you draw.

NKramer
2008-01-10, 06:20 PM
Alternately you can add symbolic lines to each family and then they will read correctly in plan. This might take a while but you would only have to do it once rather than in all of your plans for each project....

Just another way of going about the same thing I guess.

Nick

Anthony.d
2008-01-10, 09:24 PM
I reciently cut a plan section through a vanity with drafting view Detail section.

pmccord
2008-01-14, 07:00 PM
Thank you so much. That works perfectly.