PDA

View Full Version : Can't trace propertyline

Chris DiSunno
2008-01-10, 08:12 PM
I'm trying to create area schedules and want to trace the propertyline. I deselect the area rule checkbox hit the arrow indicator and start to pick propertylines. Then after a couple of selections for some odd reason the next line is not traced, Revit rechooses one of the previous lines and gives me a duplicate error!. I've also tride drawing it but the endpoints of the propoertyline are not snappable. Any ideas?

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-10, 09:03 PM
edit the propertylines, copy the sketch to clip board, then finish without changing.go edit paste and the sketch of the property lines will be pasted as lines. you can then select the lines.

BTW i dont know why you cant select the property lines in the first place. it works on my end. also the propertylines will give you an area, so you dont need to make an area plan to get it.

Justin

Chris DiSunno
2008-01-10, 09:26 PM
Thanks, I needed to calculate the areas of the sites permeable and impermeable surfaces

chris.needham
2008-01-12, 03:41 AM
I'm trying to create area schedules and want to trace the propertyline. I deselect the area rule checkbox hit the arrow indicator and start to pick propertylines. Then after a couple of selections for some odd reason the next line is not traced, Revit rechooses one of the previous lines and gives me a duplicate error!. I've also tride drawing it but the endpoints of the propoertyline are not snappable. Any ideas?

I had a similar problem in a project a while back. In the end, I recreated the property lines (by table) and all worked as expected.
I put the problem down to the original property lines table having being modified greatly, as in creating a totally different site by selecting the original and editing the table.