PDA

View Full Version : Detail Library?

m_cahoon14336
2004-08-24, 02:57 PM
How do other firms keep details, gen. notes, etc. available for use on future project. We've just finished a few projects in Revit. We have created some call-out details and drafting views that we would like to store on our server for future use. How do other firms accomplish this? Are there any firms that are pleased with there system or procedures for doing this?

jbalding48677
2004-08-24, 04:09 PM
Currently we have and are building "Detail Projects". These projects are used to store details of certain types. I.e. accessibility details project would have all of the ADA type details. Open the ADA project and your current project and cut and paste. Until there is a better way we are going down this road.

HTH -

rkulczynski1882
2004-08-24, 07:58 PM
We are running into the same issue here. At this point we are improting details into revit form other drawing programs. Revit really needs to get something going with detail manager.

Dean Camlin
2004-08-24, 09:35 PM
I agree: one for the wish list (probably already listed). I've tried to save some standard details as Detail Components, but when I insert them, none of the annotations show up!

mlgatzke
2004-08-25, 04:36 AM
Currently we . . . cut and paste.
This is the way I currently use and recommend as well. However, I must admit that there should be a better solution to this. Perhaps something similar to (dare I say it) AutoCAD's Design Center applet.

hand471037
2004-08-25, 04:42 AM
when you guys say that you are cutting and pasting, you mean one detail at a time from one detail view into another detail view, or am I missing something?

dazza163968596
2004-08-25, 08:18 AM
Why not save the details as groups, you can bring them into a project and insert them into drafting views or into call outs then explode them to align and lock them to the model

PeterJ
2004-08-25, 08:47 AM
Why not save the details as groups, you can bring them into a project and insert them into drafting views or into call outs then explode them to align and lock them to the model
I have used this method quite succesfully.

Things like our electrical key is saved out as a group. I give them pretty clearly defined names and it seems to work well enough.

Martin P
2004-08-25, 09:37 AM
We have two template files - domestic and commercial (not much in the commercial one yet). lots of different drafting views and specs with details added as we do them. We also have thinfs like spiral stairs, stairs with kites etc etc.....

mlgatzke
2004-08-25, 01:48 PM
. . . "stairs with kites". . .
What's a kite? Is this what we'd call a "winder"? (pronounced "wynder")