PDA

View Full Version : Problems when linking DWG file

patricks
2008-01-14, 02:52 PM
I have a DWG topo file I'm trying to link in. The problem comes when I remove a missing Xref in the file that I'm trying to link in. The missing Xref is a .sid file, which I think has something to do with aerial maps and photographs.

If I link in the file as-is, it comes in fine. But when I try to re-export the site plan view w/ linked DWG, the resulting DWG contains the dead .sid Xref. The resulting DWG also has my imported DWG's scattered all over the place, far away from the exported Revit elements.

Then if I open the topo DWG and remove the .sid Xref and save as new file, then link that new file into my Revit site plan, then the topo lines end up very far to the northeast of my site, and the spot elevation information is far to the southwest of the site. If I import the original DWG w/ the dead Xref present, it shows up fine in Revit, with all the spot elevation info and topo lines together in the right place.

Anyone experienced anything like this before?

patricks
2008-01-14, 03:03 PM
One other thing, I originally imported a site layout DWG, rotated it to fit my building, and then had Revit acquire coordinates from the site layout DWG. Then I changed my site plan to True North and it rotated everything just as it should.

When I tried to export back to DWG, I did go to Options and changed the coordinates to Shared instead of Project Internal, but the resulting DWG still has the site layout far away from the exported Revit elements. :mad: