PDA

View Full Version : Wall Join Problem

Alex Page
2008-01-16, 10:45 PM
Can anyone help me with this - I have 3x walls of different thicknesses, but same exterior material and I cant get rid of the join lines in elevation/ 3d etc...its creating me a real headache (by the way, this project is still in release 9)

Even using the linework tool (invisible lines) is a problem, since it gets rid of the edge of the wall line where the opening appears (in perspective, I seem to loose the controls for the extent of the linework)

Firmso
2008-01-17, 01:57 AM
JOINT them?

Alex Page
2008-01-17, 02:17 AM
Ive tried the join geometry tool, but the line still remains

jcoe
2008-01-17, 04:53 AM
You may need to check the end grips of the walls to see if the wall join has been disalowed. (Select wall>right click on end grip) If either wall says "Allow Join" in the dialog box, select it and see if this resolves the issue.

benmay
2008-01-17, 09:27 AM
I had a look at the attached file, I opened it in Revit Structure so the properties may be a little different but I believe the reason it is not joining is because the corner pier is bearing and the walls each side are set to non-bearing, so automatically they are not joining

Baldwin_4-6-0
2008-01-17, 01:18 PM
I had a look at the attached file, I opened it in Revit Structure so the properties may be a little different but I believe the reason it is not joining is because the corner pier is bearing and the walls each side are set to non-bearing, so automatically they are not joining
You are right Benmay. I set that wall to non-bearing and it joined just fine.

Alex Page
2008-01-17, 07:22 PM
Thanks ever so much...beers all around.

A bit strange thou (Ill live with it), but whether the 'structure' in the wall is load bearing of not, shouldnt affect how the cladding works!