PDA

View Full Version : Pasting pfd to Sheet

iankids
2008-01-17, 02:59 AM
Hi all,

I am having a minor annoyance when working within the sheets.

I have a standard fire rating detail as a pdf which I want to copy and paste into a sheet. In AutoCad I had no problems copying it to clipboard and the pasting it to a layout.

With Revit, whilst the object is copied to clipboard, (and can be pasted to other programs - Word etc), it will not allow me to paste it either to a sheet or elsewhere. (The paste and Special paste functions are not active & greyed out)

I had a look to see if I could import it as one would do with a jpg etc, but pdf is not one of the supported file types.

Any thoughts??

Thanks in Advance

Ian

bob.parker
2008-01-17, 04:03 AM
Hmmm.... you really can't paste a PDF into anything. If you have Adobe Pro you can export your PDF as a jpeg, which Revit supports.

dhurtubise
2008-01-17, 12:23 PM
Why not transfer that detail into a Revit detail?

patricks
2008-01-17, 01:36 PM
Yes that would be the best way. Might take a few minutes now, but it will be faster later on as you can just insert the drafting view into future projects. It will also probably take up less KB in the file than a JPEG image would.

truevis
2008-01-17, 06:44 PM
PNG is better for this than JPG.

Revit's clipboard is different from the Windows clipboard. It also only works within one session of Revit. Text copy/pasted into things is the exception.

iankids
2008-01-18, 12:36 AM
Thanks All for your advice. It looks like I will re-draw it as a Revit detail. Once I have done so, I will post it here as it may be useful for others.

Thanks again