PDA

View Full Version : Hiding rows or columns

irneb
2008-01-17, 07:36 AM
Is there a way of hiding a row / column, as you can do in Excel?

The reason I would like this is: I'm using a table for my revision column. As the drawing progresses through design-development stage the revisions can become slightly long so I'm running out of space. My current solution is to place the revision column in Model Space & adjusting the viewport to show only the newest revisions.

It would be nice to have the table on the title block in Paper Space though as this revision column in Model Space sometimes gets in the way causing me to have to move it & then adjust the viewport again.

Capt. Computer Crasher
2008-01-17, 07:37 PM
Using normal table commands for AutoCAD 2006, 2007, or 2008 you can not hide a row or column. You can however adjust the width and height (for column or row) to a min value (0.001 for example) and adjust the text height for the row or column to a min value (0.001 for example) the the row or column will appear hidden.

Another thing if the table information comes for a block (for 2007 only) or a block or text (2008 ). you can use the data extractor (EATTEXT) which will allow for the hiding of a column.