PDA

View Full Version : Arrowheads...

Matt H
2008-01-17, 05:27 PM
Can i create a custom arrowhead in Revit?? And if so... How?

I've gone thru help and have done a seach on this forum.. but i haven't found anything.

Thanks!

aaronrumple
2008-01-17, 05:35 PM
Only within the limits of customizing what Revit gives you under Setting > Annotations > Arrowheads...

Justin Marchiel
2008-01-17, 05:35 PM
well you can make a custom arrow head from the elements they give you, but no you can't draw an arrow head and import it into the arrowhead dialogue.

Justin

Matt H
2008-01-17, 05:36 PM
Darn it... That is something i think they should Definitly implement in my opinion.

mrice.47661
2008-01-17, 05:38 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no - I don't think you can create "custom" arrow styles. You can select from the predefined types in Revit, and change their size, etc. - but I don't see any simple way of putting a custom symbol in the arrow style.

That being said, you could create a 2D drafting symbol, and then check the "leader" box, and just put your symbol where you want you custom arrow head to be. Not sure if that would be of any help or not ...

kathy71046
2008-09-26, 07:03 AM
I guess there is still no way to create my own arrowhead.....

I REALLY wanted a tilted ellipse so it would look like its looped around my object, as a full circle is much too big, and anything else doesn't really work for grouping a set of lines together as one target for the leader.

:banghead:

Rick Houle
2008-09-26, 01:55 PM
I would like a "heavy end" arrowhead that allows me to stretch/elongate the "heavy end" to bisect through the object.

lcamara
2009-09-03, 02:26 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no - I don't think you can create "custom" arrow styles. You can select from the predefined types in Revit, and change their size, etc. - but I don't see any simple way of putting a custom symbol in the arrow style.

That being said, you could create a 2D drafting symbol, and then check the "leader" box, and just put your symbol where you want you custom arrow head to be. Not sure if that would be of any help or not ...

No, you can't change their size either, unfortunately...

The symbol idea might work for some cases (circles, etc.), but it doesn't rotate with the leader line, so for a if you want something other than horizontal you need to jump through a few hoops. Here's the workaround if you want a 3-point leader:

Insert the Symbol with a Leader
pull the end dot up or down (off the horizontal - to a temporary point)
pull the middle dot back to the horizontal (so it becomes a 3-point leader) and make sure it's at the final distance from your symbol
Rotate the symbol to the desired angle
pull the end dot to the horizontal (w/ the middle)The problem, of course, is that you can't just grab the Symbol end of the leader and move it arround (because the angle of the symbol would be different than the angle of the leader). And you also can't just move the middle dot arround (because it doesn't snap to the same angle).