PDA

View Full Version : Project Units - limitations

etornberg
2008-01-17, 06:32 PM
I'd like to make an annotation with some very fine graphics, but Revit won't let me. The same would be true if I tried to model or draft a very finely detailed element.

When I model or draft a line, it limits the minimum length to about 1/32" (or radius of circle, or whatever).

So I go to project units - it will round to 1/256, but the line still has to be 1/32" min.

So I change to decimal inches - it limits the line to about 0.031" (that's close to 1/32")

So I get real smart and switch to millimetres with 3 decimal places rounding. Surprise, the maximum line length is about 0.781 mm (that's about 1/32"). What gives? My head hurts from hitting this brick wall.

I found a related thread with regard to same problems with angles.
Revit Building it is, Revit parts it is not...

aaronrumple
2008-01-17, 07:23 PM
Yep. That's as small as Revit will draw. It isn't intended for making machine parts....

Alex Page
2008-01-17, 08:11 PM
Yep. That's as small as Revit will draw. It isn't intended for making machine parts....

welll....we dont do machine parts, but yet, I cant even draw my titleblock as per our company standard because of this, also some of our design details I do at 2:1 scale to absolutely shown a very small scale detail (material change on a retail bar)

aaronrumple
2008-01-17, 08:47 PM
welll....we dont do machine parts, but yet, I cant even draw my titleblock as per our company standard because of this, also some of our design details I do at 2:1 scale to absolutely shown a very small scale detail (material change on a retail bar)

For the titleblock, I assume this is for a company logo or other such graphic? If so, import either a jpeg, png or dwg of the information. Our preference is a png. However an AutoCAD file will work just fine in unexploded format.

I'd need to see an example of the other to make a recommendation. Are you talking about joints less that 1/32" or something like that? I haven't run into any construction detail where I needed less than 1/32"....

dlpdi5b
2008-02-08, 03:54 PM
The other trick I have heard about for logos is to draw them big, say by a factor of 10 and then scale them down.