PDA

View Full Version : Door Tags that use the room number

clay_hickling
2008-01-18, 05:36 AM
I would like to have a door tag that reads the 'room to number'. I can use it in a schedule.

Any clues?

Steve_Stafford
2008-01-18, 05:44 AM
I assume you mean that you want the door to use the room to number as its own number? Revit doesn't do this out of the box or in the box...or any box...now that I've discouraged you, Avatech has created a tool that uses the Revit API box to let you accomplish this though.

Visit the AVATECH SITE (http://www.avat.com/products/software/avatech/revitutilities/), it is FREE! You just need to register, I think they want to send you more free stuff :smile:

clay_hickling
2008-01-18, 06:05 AM
Thanks for that. It sort of gets there.
We have our tags with the two parameters, door mark is above a line and the room to number is under the line. This util seems to rely on the tag being one parameter.

Maybe we need to change the way we tag doors....good luck with that i say to self.

Michelle Gibson
2008-01-18, 01:25 PM
I've downloaded the five utilities, which appear to be very useful. Before I begin to incorporate them into our newest Revit, a simple question. Will this utility compromise any of the software? If Avatech was able to create this so easily, why is it not in the Revit software?

Hopefully they work well.

Steve_Stafford
2008-01-18, 02:26 PM
I've downloaded the five utilities, which appear to be very useful. Before I begin to incorporate them into our newest Revit, a simple question. Will this utility compromise any of the software? If Avatech was able to create this so easily, why is it not in the Revit software?

Hopefully they work well.
There should be no harm to your Revit installation. You'll have an additional menu item and some nice tools.

It is a question of focus, Autodesk is focused on larger problems and Avatech originally created the solution for various clients and decided to share them with the larger Revit user community. As for "easily" I guess you'd have to speak with their development team to find out how easy or fun it was. :smile: