PDA

View Full Version : Failed to Open Document

ford347
2008-01-18, 10:48 PM
Hi all,

I tried to open a document today that was originally done back in Revit 8 or 9 I believe. I am using the latest version of RAC2008 now. When trying to open, it states that it is ugrading the project, then BEEP, "Failed to Open Document". That's all it says. I happen to have saved this project as a seperate file in RAC08, so I was cool with that one. Thought it may have been a fluke. But then I tried to open up the 'Railing Samples' file that I had got from the cd that was gave out at AU 2005, and the same thing is happening.

I was however able to open a diff. file that was done in a previous version. The files were fine when I left them, now all of the sudden they won't open? Is there a problem with how 2008 upgrades projects?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-01-18, 11:08 PM
I've run into the exact same problem with files we store drafting details and components in for reference. Even when I try to open the backup files I get the same thing. It's happening in every computer in the office - we're all on RA2008. I don't think we have installed the latest build though so I am not sure if that would fix it... I hope it does.

ford347
2008-01-18, 11:22 PM
I didn't realize there was a new build out. Guess I should have paid attention a little better. Downloading now, hopefully that will fix the issue.

Josh

ford347
2008-01-19, 01:07 AM
I downloaded the newest version of Revit and was able to open all the files. So to anyone else having this issue, the new build apparently fixes it. Good deal.

Josh

PaperStreet SoapCO
2008-01-19, 01:15 AM
Sweet - thanks for reporting back. I'll have to upgrade the office on Monday.

SCShell
2008-01-19, 03:22 PM
Hey there,

It is a know issue, "Leap Year"! The problem with go away in February.

I ran into this problem yesterday trying to get a job out the door!. My fix was to download the latest build; however, I did hear back from customer support about this after I upgraded.
(I also put this in the "Know Issues" forum.)

The true fix is to upgrade to the latest build which address this problem.

The quick work around (during a deadline) is to change the date in Windows to February, then upgrade your project, then change the clock back to January.

Good luck
Steve