PDA

View Full Version : Strange things with the new build???

ErichB
2008-01-22, 10:14 PM
OK, I might be losing my mind, but we are running into some odd things happening ever since we installed the new build to fix the Y2K8 Bug. We have some families where when we open them, random components are coming in with them. Ex. A door family was opened in the family editor and a bed, table and lamps appeared in the rfa file.

Also, I just had a group do some strange things on me. Elements in my group moved base offsets on their own to random heights. I fixed it and then a different copy of that group had elements with different base offsets.

Anyone else having anomolies with the new build?

Thanks!

dhurtubise
2008-01-23, 01:10 PM
No so far it has been acting ok.
Did you saw those elements, were you able to select that table?

ErichB
2008-01-23, 01:40 PM
I was able to select the furniture. When I load the .rfa into a new project, only the refrigerator is visible, however, the lamps, etc. load into the project but are not visible. They are in the project browser under the family folder.

Since it was so strange, I saved the family to show the result, it is attached.

Thanks!

dhurtubise
2008-01-23, 07:06 PM
When i open the family, i can also see the lamps so it make sense that they show in the project.

ErichB
2008-01-24, 02:58 PM
Yes, you open the family and they are in there, but my questions is why would they come in with the fridge family in the first place upon opening the family editor? They were not supposed to be in that family.

Maybe this is just a little glitch, but this is not my only issue that I have run into since the new build. Groups have been acting funny and yesterday my upper cabinet filler panels in two groups all moved around on their own. They were floating out in space. I did not even touch the filler panels yesterday. I fixed them, so we'll see what happens...keeping my fingers crossed that these are just little hiccups...

I posted in the thread below too, it seems others are running into some glitches too...perhaps as suggested it is a result of opening files that were saved under the old build?

See this thread...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=803376#post803376

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=74243

Thanks!