PDA

View Full Version : SP3 and my central files

Rick Houle
2008-01-23, 12:30 AM
QUESTION for the gurus on new build ediquette:

When i installed my new build (20080101_2345) via NW deployment across multi-studio i first removed the previous build, of course... i was sure that nobody intervened with my efforts. i.e., Nobody contaminated a central file across build versions... I was as clean as can be in my environment. Now, i have instabilities in new build (which i will elaborate on in new thread and with Adesk)...

So, should i have forced all users to delete their local copies, open their central files, save to new build, and recreate local copies..??
(They will from now on...)

SHOULD we compress central file with every save..?

dhurtubise
2008-01-23, 12:55 PM
Use a new local copy every day, and yes new locals when you've upgraded to a new build. As for compressing, once a week is enough.

Rick Houle
2008-01-23, 01:20 PM
We do often compress to reduce file size. I am curious if anyone feels this feature will also help eliminate anomolies and erroneous data that may be carried along as "baggage" in the database or in the program... or are these what we call memory leaks.

Since new build, we have items shifting on their own, disappearing, jumping in and out of groups AND families... it's just whacked.