PDA

View Full Version : Underground parking with topography on top

jonnyzero
2008-01-24, 06:48 AM
Is there any way to use topography with a pad, Underground parking and have above the pad some more topo to layout paths and driveways. Sort of like a cave with entry ramps from the street level.

thanks for any help

J

Alex Page
2008-01-24, 07:12 AM
nope!

I just use the 'create' button to create a bit of topography to go on top....so
Cut the topography away using the pad tool
Create new topography using solids and the 'create' tool

tomnewsom
2008-01-24, 01:46 PM
I don't bother with Pads, for this reason. I cut a hole in the Toposurface where I want the building to penetrate, and turn the visibility of topography off in in any plans underground.

benmay
2008-01-24, 02:14 PM
As already stated you cant set a depth for topography to start at, you can however control the depth that it is shown in section and elevation (this is the poche depth)

You could either do as suggested by tomnewsom and just have the topo at the level required (at a phase which is suitable, so that it is only there for final earthworks stage) and then you would need to turn off the hatch in any sections\elevations which are in this final earthworks stage

Another option is to create your own surface as an in-place family but I think this method is more work that necesary, it is explained in more detail in this thread http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=63694&highlight=topography%2Btunnel