PDA

View Full Version : Phasing - Show existing wall layers

Eric Stewart
2008-01-24, 01:17 PM
How can I show existing wall layers yet still have the existing linewieght/color different from new construction?

dhurtubise
2008-01-24, 06:30 PM
You cant. What you could do is overlay view on a sheet

twiceroadsfool
2008-01-24, 06:37 PM
Sure you can, we do it every day.

Do you have a graphic override in your Phase settings for the Phase filter you have in use?

For instance, if youre using "Show Previous and New" go to Settings > Phases and see if under "Show Previous and New" the Existing elements are "Overridden." If they ARE, my guess would be you have a Material Override on them, to something like... "Phase-Exist". If thats the case, click in there and select no material, to kill this override.

Then, use the LINEWEIGHT override, or the lineweight color override (which is what i do, and select a dark gray).

Sorry the explanation is wordy, the phase settings can get confusing to explain...

Let me know if this doesnt clear it up for you, im here all day. :)

dhurtubise
2008-01-24, 06:48 PM
Sorry Aaron is right. I was answering the wrong post (guess i spend to muchtime in here).
Good to see you back Aaron ;-)

Eric Stewart
2008-01-24, 07:25 PM
Thanks, thats what I was looking for.

tlaynescott750276
2017-06-16, 06:10 PM
I tried this and it didn't work... what's the deal?

Sure you can, we do it every day.

Do you have a graphic override in your Phase settings for the Phase filter you have in use?

For instance, if youre using "Show Previous and New" go to Settings > Phases and see if under "Show Previous and New" the Existing elements are "Overridden." If they ARE, my guess would be you have a Material Override on them, to something like... "Phase-Exist". If thats the case, click in there and select no material, to kill this override.

Then, use the LINEWEIGHT override, or the lineweight color override (which is what i do, and select a dark gray).

Sorry the explanation is wordy, the phase settings can get confusing to explain...

Let me know if this doesnt clear it up for you, im here all day. :)