PDA

View Full Version : stacked wall hosting issue

williamsmitchell
2008-01-24, 04:33 PM
ive got a stacked wall that is giving me issues when inserting a componet. ive got windows in the wall that allow me to select the upper portion of the wall as my "main host" and ive got a componet for the trim around the window. the componet only allows me to host the lower part. then when i try to move it into position it wont work because its no longer touching the main host. and its position in the wall is off.

i need to figure out how to get the trim to host the upper portion or is there a way to unstack walls?? if i could seperate the stack walls into 2 walls on top of eachother it would work too.

thanks for any suggestions

williamsmitchell
2008-01-24, 04:46 PM
ok. i was able to seperate them but now my sweep in my lower wall is flipping to the inside for no reason.

this is really odd. this is a series of townhouse blocks. we have 4 files and some of the other files dont have this issue. some do.

things are messing up and we need to submit for SPA sooon we dont have tonns of time to mess around all day with these issues. its very very frusterating. our project managers dont care about revit issues. they just want drawings

thanks heaps for any help