PDA

View Full Version : Aligning Revit Details on a Sheet - Text and Model

Kevin Janik
2008-01-24, 06:52 PM
How do people align details of a wall and the associated text so it aligns vertically on the sheet like in AutoCAD. We are thinking about making a set of reference planes for a view scale and then align to them. For another scale we would resize them by the scale factor difference and paste them into the next scale. Groups would help in this to keep things together.

What at others doing?

Kevin

dhurtubise
2008-01-24, 09:49 PM
Place a grid that can be turn on or off in the TB family. Eye ball the thing.

Kevin Janik
2008-01-29, 09:25 PM
Anyone else have comments?

I know there are people out there who have other ways also.

Kevin

rjcrowther
2008-01-30, 09:13 AM
My method is even less sophisicated - nudge the views using the edge of the monitor as the 'line'.

If you are talking about having the walls in a vertical line and the text also then I use the same approach except for the extra step of making the view active so I can get an intial piece of text the correct distance from the wall....still eyeballing though.

Thanks,
Rob

still.james
2008-01-30, 09:37 AM

im interested in this, but confused on what the TB family is.

tim.101799
2008-01-30, 12:53 PM

My guess would be title block familiy, and the grid system is also what we use to line up our details on a sheet.

jmctamney
2008-01-30, 03:42 PM
you can just eyeball the text from detail to detail and once you get that set just move the title. When they align with the one above, below, & to the right or left you will see a "temporary" reference line letting you know it is aligned.

dhurtubise
2008-01-31, 01:20 PM

You draw a grid in the title block family and link all lines to a visibility parameter. That way you can turn the grid on or off

Kevin Janik
2008-02-01, 09:58 PM
Thanks for the additional comments and input!

Kevin

ron.sanpedro
2008-02-01, 10:10 PM

I have also built a 'detail module' annotation that goes in the detail itself. I crop the detail to the module, then align the view to the modular grid in the sheet. The detail module includes some alignment help for text and details. Still a bit wonky because you have to locate the module relative to the objects by 'standard' amounts. My next addition is some 'grid and level' references in the detail module to make this easier.

Still not as graceful as it should be, but until Revit lets you snap everything to everything, there is going to be some eyeballing and other futzing going on.

Gordon

greg.mcdowell
2008-02-05, 04:53 PM
I'm toying with this myself... do you mind sharing what you've created?