PDA

View Full Version : Loading Components

iankids
2008-01-24, 08:56 PM
Hi All,

When loading a component into a project, the dialog box takes me to the library as specified in the options. Is there any way of controlling this so that it goes to the last selected folder rather than the main library folder?

It would speed up the loading of multiple components needed for modeling kitchen cabinets and the like.

Thanks in advance

Ian

dfriesen
2008-01-24, 09:13 PM
When loading a component into a project, the dialog box takes me to the library as specified in the options. Is there any way of controlling this so that it goes to the last selected folder rather than the main library folder?

It would speed up the loading of multiple components needed for modeling kitchen cabinets and the like.
Nope, can't do that.

One way to speed up the process is to open a window of Windows Explorer (set it to thumbnail view if you want a preview) and drag them into your project. This won't work well if you have type libraries, however.

Chirag Mistry
2008-01-24, 09:45 PM
Well there are couple ways you can achieve this.

1. Create shortcuts on the left pane of the open window. You can create these folders under Settings>Options>File Locations>Libraries
If you change the order of the file locations in the options tab. Revit will take you to the first location by default.

2. Revit will remember the last location where you loaded the family from. Click the pull down at the file menu

iankids
2008-01-24, 10:19 PM
Thanks Daniel & Chirag for your advice.

Need to get myself better organised (Mmmm that sounds pretty familiar!!??)

Thanks again