PDA

View Full Version : controlling foundation graphics

ggriffin
2008-01-25, 12:32 AM
Setting up a ground level foundation plan in which I want to ghost the first floor wall locations. I've used VG/Walls to set graphics to 'transparent' and I've overridden the 'detail level' to course (as I'm using hidden the rest of the view). The issue is that the course detail by default represents the finish line of the wall assemblies that I've created; this is misleading for a foundation plan. can this be changed to show the core of the walls?

Scott Hopkins
2008-01-25, 06:19 AM
Unfortunately there isn't a really easy way to do this. Displaying only the wall core layer has been a long standing wish. One work around is to change the display of the non-core layers to white lines.

Maybe there will be a better solution in the upcoming new release of Revit.

See the attached posts...

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=70846

http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=21815

ggriffin
2008-01-30, 06:39 PM
thanks scott. It's a decent work-around.

here's another related to foundations...
I've used a number of "basic wall: foundation" components to build retaining walls and stem walls. Looks fine on foundation, however, when back in plan view all walls, regardless of sub-type, are either on or off. the only way I find to hide the stem walls while still showing envelope walls is change the view depth, but then some floor and other lower elevation components hide. Is there a way to hide certain families of walls?

scowsert
2008-01-31, 06:16 AM
thanks scott. It's a decent work-around.

here's another related to foundations...
I've used a number of "basic wall: foundation" components to build retaining walls and stem walls. Looks fine on foundation, however, when back in plan view all walls, regardless of sub-type, are either on or off. the only way I find to hide the stem walls while still showing envelope walls is change the view depth, but then some floor and other lower elevation components hide. Is there a way to hide certain families of walls?

You could setup a filter. Name it foundation walls, check the walls check box. Oh the right set it up with the type name that contains "foundation". Now add it to your Visibility Graphics screen (see the filters tab?) once added, uncheck it. You just turned off your "foundation" walls.

ggriffin
2008-01-31, 05:18 PM
awesome...thanks.