PDA

View Full Version : Slow View

Kunnasm
2008-01-28, 04:29 PM
I have a 47 MB Revit file with multiple floors that are virtually identical (it's a parking garage essentially). The Floor Plan (sheet views) were created from the original working level views. But for some reason, despite their having been created almost identically, one view is insanely slow in every regard. Whereas all other views are instantaneous in selecting elements, panning, etc, this one particular plan view takes 4-10 seconds to respond to anything, making it almost impossible to work on. I've reapplied my view template several times, unloading all linked files, closed all other views, reduced detail level, have no shading on, etc. I don't think it has been constrained anymore than the other levels.

Is there anything I can do, short of entirely recreating this view?

aaronrumple
2008-01-28, 04:42 PM
Have overrides to individual objects been applied? This can really slow down a view.

Kunnasm
2008-01-28, 05:21 PM
Brilliant!!!! I had apparently on this level, selected some individual parking stripes and overridden the graphics for halftones, whereas on all the other floors I had changed the category through visibility graphics. I forgot that view templates wouldn't affect individually overridden items.

You may have saved a life. : )

Thanks!!!

tsong
2008-02-12, 01:26 AM
Have overrides to individual objects been applied? This can really slow down a view.

Hi,Aaron
If I open the "view properties", modify the "visibility/graphic overrides" from the pop-out window, does it also slow down the view?

Thank you!

dhurtubise
2008-02-12, 04:12 AM
No, Visiblity/Graphics is the way to go. The individual override that Aaron mention is the right-click menu

tsong
2008-02-12, 04:23 PM
No, Visiblity/Graphics is the way to go. The individual override that Aaron mention is the right-click menu

Thank you for your reply. Do you know the reason of that?