PDA

View Full Version : Copy and paste between projects fails...

FWSchreck
2008-01-28, 10:49 PM
Hello:

A user has been copying and pasting model groups between projects w/o problems, but one specific group fails to paste into the destination project properly. The groups include walls, doors, windows, and specialty equipment.

What would cause a copy and paste operation between projects to fail? Revit does not return any error messages... it's as if the paste operation was never initiated.

dhurtubise
2008-01-28, 11:04 PM
Could it be that it contains hosted element that wouldnt have a host??

FWSchreck
2008-01-29, 12:30 AM
Daniel:

No, the copied objects were not hosted...

Steve_Stafford
2008-01-29, 12:50 AM
I've had a few times when trying to copy/paste that Revit acted like I didn't pick anything, nothing on the clipboard. I've blamed that on "fast fingers". Other times it may depend on what is actually selected versus what is perceived to be selected by the user.

Try using File > Load as Group tool, see what happens?

Did we meet at AU06? Name seems familiar.

krista.manna
2008-01-29, 03:29 AM
In 2008 you can change a group to a link & visa versa. Try turning your group into a link & linking it into the other file then turning it back into a group.

Hope this helps.

-K-

ejc
2008-01-29, 09:06 PM
Make sure your not selecting the "View" element!

ejc

Mr Spot
2008-01-29, 10:30 PM
I've found sometimes revit tries to create doors before their hosts when copy them across, or doesn't create a host at all if the doors in it occupy the entire wall. In which case I move the door temporarily, then copy it across.

gbrowne
2008-01-30, 11:18 AM
I have found, strangely, that Revit doesn't like if you close the original file before you paste into the new file. Try keeping everything open, just tab between windows.