PDA

View Full Version : How to all LAYOUTS

leonardolenis
2008-01-29, 02:01 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for a commend or macro that would allow me to delete all layouts at once. the reason behing this is that I'm trying to come up with a easy macro to clean up all my xrefs.

Thanks!!

Leo

lpseifert
2008-01-29, 02:23 PM
Try this

(foreach lay (layoutlist)(command "_LAYOUT" "_Delete" lay ))

irneb
2008-01-29, 02:26 PM
Not entirely sure I understand you correctly (as a Layout & XRef are 2 different things). But, if you simply want to delete the Layout tabs and don't want to right-click & Delete each one:

Open model space.
Ensure all layers are on, thawed & unlocked.
Select all entities (use Ctrl+A), be warned this may take some time.
Copy to clipboard (Ctrl+C).
Close the drawing.
Create a new drawing from the templates.
Edit --> Paste to Original Coordinates.
Save as overwriting previous drawing.
You now only have 2 Layout tabs, which are blank. (Depending on the template you used).

.T.
2008-01-29, 05:39 PM
You can also select more than one layout by holding down the shift key (to select a range of layouts) or the CTRL key (to select individual layouts). Once the layouts are selected, right click and select Delete.

irneb
2008-01-30, 04:39 AM
You can also select more than one layout by holding down the shift key (to select a range of layouts) or the CTRL key (to select individual layouts). Once the layouts are selected, right click and select Delete.Yes!! Forgot about that.

leonardolenis
2008-01-30, 02:05 PM
First, I would like to apologize for how confusing my question was. That day I was in my way out I did not see how not clear it is. So, let’s try it again.
I’m trying to come up with a macro for easily setting up Xrefs at the engineering company I work for. So far I have been able to create a command that when executed does the following:
Detach all XREFS in the drawing
Sets by layer everything in the drawing
Changes the color of all layers to 153
Sets the line weight of all layers to 0.0
Audits and purges the drawing
Sets MSLTSCALE to 1
After all of this is done, I would like to be able to delete all of the layouts that the architect has on the drawing and then do a “SAVE AS” and save it as my xref. When I execute the LAYOUT command and then Delete, I can delete each layout individually but as part of a macro; I would like all the layouts at once.

Thanks!!

lpseifert
2008-01-30, 02:12 PM
When I execute the LAYOUT command and then Delete, I can delete each layout individually but as part of a macro; I would like all the layouts at once.

Did you see Post # 2 above?