PDA

View Full Version : Glazing in wall

Carlos GT
2008-01-29, 10:16 PM
I am trying to model a glazing system in a wall. I used exterior glazing embeded in a 8" wall, and I used a void extrusion and the cut geometry tool to fix the corner, but the problem is that I can not make a perfect union for the glazing. See attachments.

Any ideas how to do this?

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-01-29, 11:06 PM
The easiest solution to this one that I've found is to create a wall style that is the same thickness and material as your curtain wall glass and use that as the curtain panel for the corner windows. Mitres every time

Carlos GT
2008-01-30, 07:07 PM
I found out that if you pick the end of the glazing system, you will see a blue dot, click it and make right click and go to "disallow joint", now I can stretch the glazing without any restriction wherever I want.

patricks
2008-01-31, 02:15 PM
I found out that if you pick the end of the glazing system, you will see a blue dot, click it and make right click and go to "disallow joint", now I can stretch the glazing without any restriction wherever I want.

If you do that, though, you probably won't be able to stick a corner mullion in there. You'll have to make a regular mullion that's wider to simulate an actual corner mullion.

dhurtubise
2008-01-31, 02:20 PM
Theres a few way to build corner windows. My first question would be how to do you want to schedule that?