PDA

View Full Version : Problem with structural beams and floors

didko2
2008-01-30, 11:02 AM
Hello! I have attached two screenshots, which illustrate my problem. I have a concrete structural beam, under a concrete floor. I've joined their geometry, but in the section they don't display as one, but as two elements. What I want to do is to make them display as one element, without the line that splits them. I would highly appreciate anyone who takes some time to help me! Thank You!

Carlos GT
2008-01-30, 03:31 PM
Are you sure that the top of the beam is exactly align with bottom of your slab? You could click in the "thin lines" tools and make sure of this.

If you are correct and the line is still there, you could use the "line work" tool as invisible line and remove the line or lines you do not want to see.

Good luck.

Alex Page
2008-01-30, 10:00 PM
Me thinks that the materials are different - even though they may use the same 'cut' pattern etc, you may find that the material of the floor is, say, 'insitue concrete' and the material of the ebam is 'precast concrete'

If this is the case, there will always be a line there, I suggest you change one of the materials

didko2
2008-01-31, 09:08 AM
carlos9t - The elements are perfectly aligned with the align tool, but the problem still exists.
alexpage - The materials are identical - "Concrete - Cast-in-Place Concrete" for them both.
The line is still here :(

benmay
2008-01-31, 10:00 AM
It defiantly looks like a material or a phase problem. If you have placed the beam on a different material and then changed the material to match the slab sometimes that doesn't get rid of the join line. You would have to unjoin the beam and then join the slab to the beam.

At the same time you will have a similar problem if the beam is on a different phase from the slab.

Getting the thin line between the two rules out an offset, as the two are joining but the line indicates a difference in material or phase.

didko2
2008-01-31, 11:08 AM
I just did it - only by creating new, identical floor type. Don't know why, but it worked. Thanks for the support ;)