PDA

View Full Version : Roof Gutter issue

bskripac
2008-01-30, 01:19 PM
I am trying to place a roof gutter along the edge of my roof and am having some issues. I can use the host sweep - roof gutter tool to place the gutter on three of the roof edges but when I get to the fourth it will not let me place it.

Any ideas?

patricks
2008-01-31, 02:43 PM
You can't put a gutter on it because that edge of the roof is not parallel to your slope-defining edges, and so that edge is just slightly sloped itself. Revit will not put a gutter sweep on any sloping roof edge.

I opened a plan view and tried to dimension between your slope-defining edge and the edge in question, and it would not let me. Then I drew a horizontal line and placed angular dimensions. Your slope-defining lines (and all lines with gutters on them) measure 3.000 degrees from horizontal. The edge in question measures 2.643 degrees from horizontal.

Not sure if it was your intent to have those edges not parallel, but that's why you can't put a gutter on that particular edge.

bskripac
2008-01-31, 03:19 PM
Excellent!!! The angular dimension is actually a design flaw. Once I made that modification all was well. Thank you very much for that catch. I had no idea that the roof edge needed to be parallel to the slope. That actually clears up why a few other attempts to get the gutter in that location worked and didn't work.