PDA

View Full Version : Both Architectural & Engineer Scales?

SRBalliet
2008-01-30, 02:36 PM
I would like to have both Architectural & Engineer scales available at the same time in my choice of annotative scales. Is that possible and how?

SRBalliet
2008-01-30, 07:09 PM
Or is there an easy way to switch back and forth in the same dwg?

SRBalliet
2008-01-31, 01:22 PM
We usually work in Engineering scales, but some structural work we do is done in architectural units. I don't know if it's the best way, but I found a work around.

If I open a new drawing, I have all the viewport scales both engineering and architectural. So I created on one layout, one each of all the possible viewports each with it's own architectural scale. Using Design Center, I then dragged and drop that layout into my CADMart.dwg (which holds everything I would ever need (until I think of something else) and is set as my Home in Design Center).

Now if I have a drawing without architectural scales and I need them, I go to Design Center and drag the layout called "ARCHITECTURAL SCALES" into my working drawing. The arch scales now show up in the list of available choices. I can delete that layout and the scales still stay in the list.

dzatto
2008-01-31, 02:40 PM
You could probably do the same thing, then save the new drawing as a template. That way, when you use that template, both scales would be there. You wouldn't have to drag and delete the viewports every time you needed them.