PDA

View Full Version : Unable to move painted hatch pattern

Exar Kun
2008-01-31, 11:50 PM
I have a floor with two split faces. The boundary between these faces is curved and I have different tile patterns applied to each. I would like to move the tile pattern but am unable to. When I tab and select a single line from the pattern and move it, it subsequently moves the entire floor. Same if I use align and I am unable to even select the rotate command at all which I am usually able to do. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rick Houle
2008-02-01, 03:44 PM
Is this a case of "Drafting Fill Pattern" vs. "Model Fill Pattern"..???

I'm not sure what approach you are taking with these tile patterns, but my tile patterns are all Model Fill Patterns and i can control my tile just fine. This would not be the case if they were Drafting patterns...

Exar Kun
2008-02-03, 09:49 PM
All model fill patterns. Hence my confusion in not being able to manipulate them.

cdatechguy
2008-02-03, 10:02 PM
Are you trying to change them in 3D or in a 2D view? Unfortunately you can only align the fill lines in 2D....

Exar Kun
2008-02-03, 11:17 PM
I am trying to change in a 2D view. I just copied and pasted the floor into a blank file so I could upload it here - and guess what? In the blank file it works as it should. It still doesn't work in the original file though. Very weird.