PDA

View Full Version : Wanting Height of Text Within a Detail Component to Change With the View...

dlancor
2008-02-05, 03:57 PM
OK, Here's what we're trying to do.

We found this great detail component on this forum (see attached) and were trying to alter it so that the text will be different sizes (somewhat automatically) depending on the view scale.

Does anyone know a way to do this? I've tried searching the forums and figuring it out myself, but believe at this point that it can't be done......what do you think?

We did have success of course making different family types, a Water 1/16" scale and a Water 1/8" scale for example, that have built in different text sizes, but that isn't automatic. It would be great to be able to copy a set of these lines from one plan to another and have the text size change without manually changing each line.Anyone have a better idea?

Thank you so much. We have received a TON of help from the forum over the last two and a half years. Its fantastic.

David
PBC+L Architecture

JamesVan
2008-02-12, 04:57 AM
The text has to be created as a Generic Annotation family and nested into the Detail Component family. This is a nice DC, I'll try to tweak it in the morning and re-post.

Check that...it already is setup as a Generic Annotation. What problem are you having with it?