PDA

View Full Version : Floor slab won't cut a wall sweep?

patricks
2008-02-05, 04:58 PM
I have a series of walls with a brick wainscot sweep in the wall type, which extends down below the finished floor level. When I drew my floor slab, I picked my exterior walls so that the slab edge would be at my outer core face (outside face of stud). At doorways, I extended the slab out to the exterior face of that brick wainscot.

Now when I finish the floor sketch, I say Yes to join the floor geometry to walls so it will cut the walls. The problem is that the wall doesn't cut the brick wainscot sweep, even though I have the wainscot sweep set to Cuttable (door and window inserts do cut the wainscot).

Is this not possible for a floor to do this? I thought it would. Will I have to live with putting in-place voids at all of my door openings so that I don't see the brick wainscot surface pattern below all my door openings in plan views?

sbrown
2008-02-05, 05:46 PM
If the floor is below the origin for the sweep it won't cut it. You may want to try a couple different check box options for the wall sweep. But the door should be cutting it not the floor allready.