PDA

View Full Version : Level Filter?

ty_demo15
2008-02-05, 07:52 PM
Is there any way to "Hide" an entire level? For instance, if I had a complete 2-story home, and then wanted to Turn off the Roof and second floor, to be able to view just the first floor. The only reason i really need to do this is just for Demonstration purposes. Once i have a plan done, i sit down with the builder and do a "Walk Thru" of the plan. It would be nice to turn off specific levels quickly to show the overall layout, without just placing multiple camera views.
Thanks for any advice

Scott D Davis
2008-02-05, 07:54 PM
use a 3D section box in a 3D view to "cut" a building any way that you would like. Cut off the roof and top floor, or a side wall, or both.

steve.70285
2008-02-05, 08:16 PM
You could also use phasing; this would allow you to build the project during a demonstration simply by advancing the project through phases. I like Scott's method better though, just because it’s quick and not much setup.

JamesVan
2008-02-12, 04:54 AM
An easy way to implement Scott's method is to open a 3D view, then select View-Orient-To Other View... then pick the plan view of choice. It will automatically create the section box according to the view range of the selected plan.