PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Frame Window with Varying Mulions

rlwade.68242
2004-08-26, 05:09 PM
I think I saw a thread regarding this at one point in time but I can't find it. Can you create a window built like an aluminum store front window with the capability to add or subtract vertical and horizontal mullions after you insert it into your model? If anyone has a family already created like this that I could use I could really use the help. Hell for that matter anyone in Kansas City want to pick up some extra work:)

Thanks

Dimitri Harvalias
2004-08-26, 08:48 PM
Use the curtain wall tool and create mullions with the sizes required.

Scott D Davis
2004-08-26, 09:36 PM
Thats the point, he wants a window family, not a curtain wall. Yes, it can be done, you can build the custom window family with parametric arrays for the mullions. I'd suggest making the mullions in a separate family, and nest them into the new window family.

adegnan
2004-08-26, 09:56 PM
Look up "Steven Campbell" and find the mullion families he posted which are self-adjusting, or look up the Andersen window families I posted and the nested mullion components that go with them, and you can use one or the other to nest into your window families with minor modifications. Both of these threads are in the "families" forum.

Mr Spot
2004-08-26, 10:53 PM
If you need some help with the actual creation I did a tutorial which i believe could be helpful.

HERE (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?p=32320#post32320)

Cheers. :-D

rlwade.68242
2004-08-27, 03:50 PM
thanks guys. I don't know why I am having such a problem with families.

sfaust
2004-08-27, 07:29 PM
IMHO, family editing and creation is probably the quirkiest part of the program and the hardest to get a handle on initially, but it is extremely powerful once you get the hang of it. Just takes a little more practice in my experience