PDA

View Full Version : Wall tags in sections

Dean Camlin
2003-07-23, 06:51 PM
I looked in the "official-unofficial" wishlist & couldn't find this there. Wall tags work in plan views--why not in section views?

Griff
2004-06-17, 02:38 PM
Sooooo, how do I add a wall tag to a wall that I have a section of?

Griff
2004-06-17, 02:59 PM
I found a post where Scott Brown suggested using a Generic Annotation symbol. I'm trying that out now.

By the way, the link to that thread is LINK (http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=3802)
I'm not sure if cutting a pasting the link is the correct way to add a link on this site.

mod note: Edited to demonstrate another way to "link" to a thread, other than pasting in a url.

Prodev75
2004-06-17, 03:05 PM
I don't think you can. Year ½ ago we sent about a day on this issue. You can use a multi-category tag and shared parameters to fake it in but the tag will stick to the base constraint of the wall. I think it has to do with the planes.

Griff
2004-06-17, 03:16 PM
I opened my standard wall tag and saved it as another name. Changed the Family Catagory and the labels to Instance. I can place them in my section but they are not linked to the wall. The tag is just a dumb tag without any intellagence. Not the best, but at least I can call out the wall type in section.

sbrown
2004-06-17, 05:27 PM
It is wise in your project template to add generic annotations of all tags. I use these for my coversheet(typical annotation description) and then they are available in any view you may need a roomtag or fake level or whatever. The previous poster described how to do it. Fake elevation symbols are really useful since you can't ref. elevations yet.

ctc
2004-06-18, 03:09 AM
Wall tags, floor tags, & roof tags in section is a must!

Do they work in detail view? This is a must also.

ariasdelcid
2004-10-23, 12:28 AM
When I talk about automatic annotations this is what I want: click on a component (wall, floor, roof, etc) and it will give you the option of a keynote with the corresponding legend field description, or a description (note like) of the object selected. Hence, wall tag, floor tag, etc. For construction documents on paper this is a must.

trent59822
2004-10-23, 02:16 PM
What if the compound layers of the wall had automatic tags you could define? For example, you could write on all metal studs to have script such as" 6" 20ga Metal studs @ 24" o.c." and the entire project would have this tag in wall sections. If you then needed to adjust the framing to 18 ga., all the wall sections would be adjusted.

ariasdelcid
2004-10-23, 06:40 PM
That's the idea

gregcashen
2004-10-23, 10:08 PM
Agreed. This is a great wish and one that I was surprised did not already exist in Revit when I first started using it.

ariasdelcid
2004-10-24, 03:17 AM
Thanks Greg! It helps a lot if you support it

gregcashen
2004-10-24, 07:28 PM
Only If I "bump" the score during the next wishlist ranking! Hey...maybe that's the idea...

I will now be taking donations in return for bumping your favorite wish up the wishlist...they can be sent to me at...

;)