PDA

View Full Version : Sewerage systems - Revit Architecture

eddy.lermytte
2008-02-06, 08:10 PM
Since one can remember down here, architects design the sewerage system.
If my clients want to have a building permit I have to show, very clearly, the sewerage system.

In most cases, up to final construction, architect and contractor are the sole responsible participants. (Concept > architect - execution > contractor)

So ... using Revit Architecture I need a nice and easy way to design and schedule sewerage systems.

Drawing "lines", symbolically representing the pipings, as I do now, is really ridiculous in BIM world.
How do you guy's deal with this using Revit Architecture ?

Chad Smith
2008-02-06, 10:06 PM
Yeah, it is ridiculous. Autodesk would like you to purchase Revit MEP (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=8529989) as well.
Make sure you send Autodesk an email and let them know you aren't happy about this, and that you would like to see these modeling features inside Architecture.

Justin Marchiel
2008-02-06, 11:04 PM
it would be a lot of work but you could set work planes for various slopes and start drawing line base pipes on those planes. I have not tried it, but that is where i would start if i needed to have this in 3d.

Justin

patricks
2008-02-07, 04:27 PM
It would be nice if you could place things in your site plan like catch basins and other drainage structures, modify their heights as needed, and then attach piping to the catch basins as needed in a 3D view. That would make the pipe slope without having to have a bunch of reference planes all over the place (and of course a bunch of section or elevation views).

I tried doing something like that with model lines, since we typically just represent underground piping as heavy dashed lines in plan, but it wouldn't go to anything other than the selected work plane, even in a 3D view.