PDA

View Full Version : Regrading a site

slow1eo
2008-02-06, 09:30 PM
Hello, I'm trying to regrade a site

I created a toposurface (phase existing) then using the "Graded Region" tool I created my new terrain...
however, depending on what is taller the existing or the new topo one mesh covers the other one in (hiden line)

How can show both lines in my siteplan??

if I set the siteplan in wireframe, then the buiding doen't look right

thanks!
leo

Justin Marchiel
2008-02-06, 11:02 PM
in past i have created a siteplan view that just showed the demoed topo and set it to wireframe. i then overlayed this onto a sheet with the completed siteplan.

Justin

slow1eo
2008-02-07, 01:21 PM
thanks!
I imagine you can't select an object and make it wireframe while all of the other objects are hiden line without making a new view

Tom Phillips
2008-02-07, 01:43 PM
Justin,

Can you explain in a little more detail how you did this? I am new to Revit and the site tools still a bit of a mystery to me.

BMcCallum
2008-02-07, 03:20 PM
The existing site should have Phase Created set to Existing, then grade that site in a New Construction view. The dialog that pops up will prompt you to Select or Select and Edit, either way, make sure you pick the Copy Internal Points option.

The new site will have Phase Created set to New Construction, while the existing site now has Phase Demolished set to New Construction.

Change the view parameter Phase Filter to Show New, or anything that doesn't show the existing site. Continue grading, making sure that you are grading the new site. If you make a mistake, you can always toss out the new site and repeat the steps to create a new site.

Hope this helps!

slow1eo
2008-02-07, 04:04 PM
I'm getting a feeling the site tools are not that great!!

I'm gonna have to do my site in a 2d detail using the drafting tools (do we have a polyline? is there are way to cut a spline??????) I'm getting very frustrate!

boydljohnson
2010-11-13, 10:58 PM
BMcCallum:

Is it possible to "ReGrade" a site more than once? I think I understand the process of the initial regrading but if after I accepted and closed out of the "Graded Region" process, I want to go back and make some more regrading - how do I do it?
thanks,