PDA

View Full Version : Audit gives error: Object deleted in Central

Rustle
2008-02-06, 11:26 PM
Basically, after an audit, when people have remade their locals and start to work, then when they click on certain objects (we have had problems with all sorts of objects, from skin to slabs to furniture), they get an error saying that they cannot modify the object because it has been deleted in Central.

Now obviously, the Purge you do during an audit would not purged object in use . . . so, all you need to do to resolve the error is Save to Central . . . then the local recognizes that the central does indeed have that object.

I am just wondering why it says that in the first place.

Justin Marchiel
2008-02-07, 12:56 AM
i have had that happen any the only way to fix it seemed to be to remake the central file. fortunetly we work in small groups so this is not too big a deal. i dont know why it happens in the first place and i cant seem to recreate any errors that would lead me to having this happen

Justin

dhurtubise
2008-02-07, 04:43 PM
Audit doesnt purge elements unless they are missing.
Do you recreate the local file every day? That will prevent the the local the be out of sync.

Also once a week, audit and compress the central file.

Rustle
2008-02-07, 04:49 PM
That is why this is so strange. An audit does not delete families that are in use, and it doesn't, it just says it has until you reload from central or save to central.

Our process is:
Recreate a local copy every morning.
Audit the central at the beginning of every week and then all users recreate a local off of that for Monday. This is where we get this error.

The central has just been audited.
Everyone creates a local.
Then as we are working the error pops up when we try to modify an element.

dhurtubise
2008-02-07, 04:53 PM
Is everyone on the same build?

Rustle
2008-02-07, 05:10 PM
Everyone is on the same build.

dhurtubise
2008-02-07, 05:45 PM
I would send it to support then