PDA

View Full Version : Why all these crazy line types?

patricks
2008-02-07, 04:47 PM
I just noticed a minute ago that my line type drop-down list has gotten very long, with all kinds of ADT-style line type names. I'm pretty sure these came in along with some family that was loaded. I'm pretty sure there have not been any CAD files exploded in the actual Revit project file.

The question is, is there any way to know what brought in these line types? I can only think of maybe 2 or 3 families I have loaded today, and none of them contain any of said line types (I clicked on Edit Family on each one and didn't see anything out of the ordinary).

I do have one family that was loaded yesterday that contains only a 3D import symbol, and no Revit geometry. However I checked that one and it only had a couple of ADT line types, not the numerous ones that are currently in my project file. Can anyone help?

Johnrob5
2008-02-07, 08:06 PM
If they are model lines you could draw a line using one of the linetypes then 'select all instances', otherwise isolate lines in views you suspect could have these linetypes. Chances are good that they came in with an AutoCad file that got exploded, once you find one line you'll find them all. Also try to 'Purge unused' and they may disapear if they aren't used in the file.

brian104662
2008-02-07, 09:17 PM
IIRC, Revit will bring in any linetypes that are part of an autocad symbol. If you open up your imported and look at the layers they should all be there. I make it a halbit to purge any autocad drawings I import.

If you go to "Settings" > "Linetypes" > then you can delete the extrainous linetypes.

patricks
2008-02-07, 11:01 PM
To my knowledge, there have been no CAD files exploded in this project.

I checked Visibility/Graphics under Imports. There is the Imports in Families and also a linked site plan. I checked the layers under both, and none of my renegade line types are showing up there. So I have no idea where they came from.

patricks
2008-02-07, 11:04 PM
If they are model lines you could draw a line using one of the linetypes then 'select all instances', otherwise isolate lines in views you suspect could have these linetypes. Chances are good that they came in with an AutoCad file that got exploded, once you find one line you'll find them all. Also try to 'Purge unused' and they may disapear if they aren't used in the file.

hmm for some reason Select All Instances is grayed out in the right-click menu for both model and detail lines. Why would it not let you select all instance of a particular line type? :mad: