PDA

View Full Version : Site Plan

dsw98
2008-02-07, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have a link to a detailed tutorial of creating a site plan. I've searched the forum and can't really find what i'm looking for. I need basicly a start to finish type of thing. From setting property lines and set backs ect. Thanks

***I guess what I really need to know is how do I roate my model on the site plan without my property lines moving also. Isn't there a way to also rotate the property lines without the coordiantes changing or is that even possible? I've searched the forum and just can't find the asnwers. Maybe i'm asking the wrong questions.

aggockel50321
2008-02-08, 01:55 PM
I'd suggest doing a separate project for the site plan and then link in your model. You can then easily control how it orients on the site.

rdaniel
2008-02-08, 06:01 PM
You can set a view to be oriented to either true north or plan north. By default, views are set to plan north. This setting is located in graphics category of the view properties for each floor plan view. You can set the true north angle by going to Settings --> Manage place and locations.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

dsw98
2008-02-11, 04:14 PM
You can set a view to be oriented to either true north or plan north. By default, views are set to plan north. This setting is located in graphics category of the view properties for each floor plan view. You can set the true north angle by going to Settings --> Manage place and locations.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Well it's part of what i'm looking for. When I draw certain site plans they are facing the wrong way. So I want to rotate them, but when I do, their true coordinates change. Is there anyway to make these stay what they really are? after rotating them? Because there are situations when I need to rotate the site plan and the model.

rdaniel
2008-02-11, 04:23 PM
Well it's part of what i'm looking for. When I draw certain site plans they are facing the wrong way. So I want to rotate them, but when I do, their true coordinates change. Is there anyway to make these stay what they really are? after rotating them? Because there are situations when I need to rotate the site plan and the model.

Always draw your plan views oriented to plan north (how they will be on your sheets). This is how Revit thinks. It is then likely that the only view that is different from this orientation will be your site plan. In this case, set this view orientated to true north. Note that changing the orientation to true north does not involve rotating the model itself, only rotating the true north angle (see instructions in previous post). If you ever need to rotate the building on the site, just rotate the true north angle. In general, don't rotate your model.

dsw98
2008-02-11, 04:49 PM
Always draw your plan views oriented to plan north (how they will be on your sheets). This is how Revit thinks. It is then likely that the only view that is different from this orientation will be your site plan. In this case, set this view orientated to true north. Note that changing the orientation to true north does not involve rotating the model itself, only rotating the true north angle (see instructions in previous post). If you ever need to rotate the building on the site, just rotate the true north angle. In general, don't rotate your model.

Okay, but there are some times where the site plan won't fit on an 8x11 sheet which is always nice. But i guess we can just print it out on a bigger sheet.

I'm also trying to add a North Arrow Tag but I can't get it to actually tag anything. What am I missing?

rdaniel
2008-02-11, 04:57 PM
Okay, but there are some times where the site plan won't fit on an 8x11 sheet which is always nice. But i guess we can just print it out on a bigger sheet.

Another question, Is there an annotation tag North Arrow that I can load into my project that will show true north?

Yeah, being able to do quick check plots is much more limited than ACAD. I hope that they improve this in the next version.

I haven't found a north arrow that will show true north yet. I've been looking for one so if you find one, do share. I attached the best that I have so far. It has a rotation parameter in it, so if the north angle changes, you can select all instances and change the angle for all at the same time by changing the rotation angle.

dsw98
2008-02-11, 05:01 PM
Yeah, being able to do quick check plots is much more limited than ACAD. I hope that they improve this in the next version.

I haven't found a north arrow that will show true north yet. I've been looking for one so if you find one, do share. I attached the best that I have so far. It has a rotation parameter in it, so if the north angle changes, you can select all instances and change the angle for all at the same time by changing the rotation angle.

Thanks for the arrow, I just realized it's not really a tag, but a symbol. You'd think they'd create an actual tag that would automaticly rotate to north, or is that asking too much :-).

gwnelson
2008-02-11, 05:01 PM
I've simply traced over the prop line & paste on a new drafting view. Add north arrow, setbacks, whatever & combine into a group. Rotate as you wish with no impact elsewhere.