PDA

View Full Version : Adjusting Hatch's?

thand
2008-02-07, 09:33 PM
Is there any way to adjust the hatch pattern of a wall in elevation view to align with window edges, expansion joints, etc?

We have started our first full project with Revit and I'm coming across a few things now that I can do in Autocad but not Revit..... So I'm really going to lean on this forum for direction, so that I never have to go back to Cad ever again.... So look forward to a ton of questions from me in the near future...

Thanks in advance....

DaveP
2008-02-07, 09:55 PM
Welcome to the future!

Are you talking about lining up your Brick coursing with a Window Sill?
You'll soon come to know and love the Align tool in Revit.
Click on the Align button on the Toolbar, then select your Window Sill.
Move your mouse over the brick pattern and wave it around until one of the brick courses highlights. If you can't get one to highlight, use the Tab key to cycle through until you see a course highlight. Finally click and the brick will line up with the Sill

thand
2008-02-07, 09:59 PM
Welcome to the future!

Are you talking about lining up your Brick coursing with a Window Sill?
You'll soon come to know and love the Align tool in Revit.
Click on the Align button on the Toolbar, then select your Window Sill.
Move your mouse over the brick pattern and wave it around until one of the brick courses highlights. If you can't get one to highlight, use the Tab key to cycle through until you see a course highlight. Finally click and the brick will line up with the Sill

Thanks.... I'll give it a try. I never even thought of using the align tool with a hatch pattern..

Thanks again!!

thand
2008-02-07, 10:04 PM
The align tool worked like a charm.... Thanks Again.

dhurtubise
2008-02-07, 11:40 PM
That method will work for Model Pattern and not on curved surface. Just keeo taht in mind

thand
2008-02-07, 11:46 PM
That method will work for Model Pattern and not on curved surface. Just keeo taht in mind

Thanks again... I'll try to keep that in mind, but with all I've learned as of late, I'm sure I'll forget somethings... But I do find myself getting faster with all the tricks I use on a regular basis...

dhurtubise
2008-02-07, 11:50 PM
That one is a start to your new Best Practice guide? ;-)

jason.combs
2008-02-08, 10:07 PM
Is there a way to adjust the line weight of the material surface hatch of a wall? I have a wall with a brick course pattern. It looks fine at 1/8", but it fades out during printing at 1" scale.

Any ideas?

dhurtubise
2008-02-08, 10:13 PM
No, only FIlled Region allow you to control that

jason.combs
2008-02-11, 04:50 PM
Okay. How do I get filled regions to display properly? See the two attached images. One is a hidden line and one is a wire frame display of the same view.

I want the filled region to show all the blocks in the elevation. The only way I can do this is by going to wire frame and that is unacceptable.

I have tried moving the elevation marker around in plan view, but that does not clear it up.

Suggestions?

dhurtubise
2008-02-11, 05:07 PM
If you used a drafting pattern for the brixk material, simply tab to pickone line and align it to the window. No need for a filled region

jason.combs
2008-02-11, 05:22 PM
Daniel,

Is the brixk a special material or just a type-o?

I changed the wall material to a drafting pattern vs a model pattern and receive similar unacceptable results.

Is this a typical occurrence?

Jason

dhurtubise
2008-02-11, 05:43 PM
ahah a typo (damn i almost invented something)
Can you post that wall?

jason.combs
2008-02-11, 06:14 PM
Daniel, :)

I'll send to you via email.

Jason