PDA

View Full Version : import dwg - 0,0 has block?

Martin P
2004-08-26, 09:45 PM
I have a site plan all layers on and thawed, and the extents in autocad are fine. When I import to Revit it zooms out miles and puts bits inthe lower left that arent there in autocad. what, why,how ?? any ideas??

beegee
2004-08-26, 09:46 PM
Maybe a small stray entity in the outer limits of its solar system ?

mnielsen
2004-08-27, 01:38 AM
I have encountered this before as well. One thing you may want to try is write-blocking (WBLOCK) the Survey drawing out by OBJECT selection (as opposed to the 'ENTIRE DRAWING' option). Zoom out a little bit so you can select all the entities in the site area by window (do NOT use a 'crossing' window). Then try importing that file into Revit, either by a importing it as a new link or reloading the existing link using the new file.

Hopefully this will work. Sometimes just doing and AUDIT and PURGE of the DWG file can fix that. My assumption is that you have already tried it. Please post if you're still experiencing the same problem.

Martin P
2004-08-27, 10:03 AM
Did the wblock, audit, exploded everything purge (purge, purge, purge) and it came in ok... but I couldnt get this entity to appear in Autocad at all... must be an alien visitor from the outer limits beegee - thanks for tip :) will get the MIB to sort it next time LOL

aggockel50321
2004-08-27, 12:16 PM
Martin,

In acad, do a Zoom All on the site plan in question. That'll show the .dwg origin as well as all the entities (lines, etc) in the .dwg. You can then shift the origin by either moving the entities closer to it, or by using the Base command, and moving the origin closer to the entities.

If you do a Zoom Extents, it'll just show the entities & not the .dwg origin.

SkiSouth
2004-08-27, 12:54 PM
Be sure all layers are unlocked ( in addition to unthawed and turned on).Also whatout for an
invisible linetype. If locked, purge, erase etc will not be effective. Also, some 3D entities will not be selected. After unlocking, Get in a 3d View and Zoom Extents. Select with crossing. erase -purge.