PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Plan - Sloped site - Any Techniques?

Maximillian
2008-02-08, 01:49 AM
I have a residence with a sloped and stepped foundation. I am having trouble getting a plan view of it to look right. I lost my surface patterns and some lines are interrupted.

I set a filter to show only conc walls for the foundation plan.
My view range is set like you might for a site plan.

How are you guys showing sloping foundations?

Are you then overlaying a separate floor framing view over your foundation plan on a sheet?

I have never been able to get revit to deal with this condition without an exhaustive fight.

Thanks

steve.70285
2008-02-08, 03:57 AM
For the foundation I know there are other ways of doing it but I started a long time ago with phases and still prefer it especially for stepping foundations.
All I've been doing is create a Foundation Phase that exists before New Construction and select all my foundation walls and footers setting them to this new phase. Then, in the foundation plan view settings set the cutplane well above the top and set the phase filter to show new with the Foundation Phase selected.
The last thing I do is select all instance of footers and override the projection lines to dashed.

Hope this helps.

Maximillian
2008-02-08, 04:52 AM
This is a complicated remodel that is using phases. Will your work around mess up my phases? How do I add a phase before existing (e)?

steve.70285
2008-02-08, 03:30 PM
I wouldn't put the phase before existing; I would create it at a logical timeline during construction; somewhere between existing and new. This way it doesn't have an adverse affect on graphic representations of your views.

I also use the structural and architectural distinctions that helps to separate desired model viewing, with this in mind another way I would consider a stepping foundation is use the graphic override of elements...but that’s even more time consuming not to mention confusing.