PDA

View Full Version : Feature Lines are missing

m.vanitallie
2008-02-08, 05:34 AM
I have created a surface from feature lines and now I am unable to locate them. They were added to a surface as breaklines and are still shown as such in the surface definition.

Attached are 2 screen shots of the surface in question. The feature lines locations are seen in the “triangle and points” image as points but they cannot be found in the drawing (the lines shown in "feature line locations" are polylines)

Please advise on how I can recover these feature lines

(Thawing and turning on all layers has already been tried ;)

jpaulsen
2008-02-08, 06:58 PM
If the feature lines are no longer in the drawing you will need to get them from a backup of the drawing.

brian.hailey933139
2008-02-09, 05:01 AM
I don't have C3D on this computer so I'm not 100% sure but try this. Select your breaklines in your surface, right click and select Insert (or something like that).

dfarris75
2008-02-15, 04:46 PM
^ Brian's got it. Toolspace > Surfaces > (Expand Surface in question) > Expand Definition & then Breaklines > Right-click the group of breaklines you want > Insert to Drawing

dfarris75
2008-02-15, 04:48 PM
A less efficient alternative would be to draw lines/polylines where said breaklines are and then "drape" them on the surface using the feature line tools.

m.vanitallie
2008-02-17, 10:32 PM
Thanks guys. Back on track.

Why does this happen?

Does this happen often?

How can I avoid this from happening?

m.vanitallie
2008-02-21, 10:16 PM
It happened again!

It does not help creating drawings if the kerbs keep disapearing.

How can I prevent this?