PDA

View Full Version : Advice Please

ty_demo15
2008-02-08, 04:03 PM
As a fairly new user of Revit, I would love to get some advice from some of the Pro's out there.

The client that I work for does Custom built homes. So there are a lot of different situations for exterior trims and details from plan to plan. The primary software that I use (Vertex BD) has an openings trim function where you can set up many different Custom Window, Door etc.. trims.

My question is this, with Revit is it best to model out different trim packages, corner trims, quoins, etc. and place them on the model, or should this just be done using Linework on the elevation views?

To me, it makes sence to place the trims on the Model and have your Elevation views be Accurate from the begining, with out adding linework. But, all softwares are different, and I'll take any Advice.
Thanks

dhurtubise
2008-02-08, 04:48 PM
Model them.
You could make them nested in a window family

weston
2008-02-08, 05:12 PM
It depend what level of detail you want in the drawings. If you model them there may be detail where you dont want it later on. If you want the trim to be seen in every view I would model it.
An added note. Do not title the thread "Advice Please." This does not help anybody. Everyone post a thread is looking for advice.