PDA

View Full Version : Revit to Microsoft Project (4D Scheduling)

Brandon_Pike
2008-02-08, 10:53 PM
I recenlty read in the articles "BIM and Project Planning" and "Now's the Time for 4D CAD in Construction" that there is now a tool developed by Autodesk that creates and maintains a link between Revit and Microsoft Project to creat constuction schedules. I think that this will be a great tool to utilize.

However, the problem is, I cannot find any additional information on this tool. IN the article they say it is developed and available from Autodesk Consulting, but they don't give it a name and I cannot find any information on this on the Autodesk website.

Has anyone had any success in locating this plug-in/tool and utilizing it\/

Thanks,

david.kingham
2008-02-08, 11:05 PM
I'm not sure if they're still developing this, you can contact Lance Kirby for more info lance DOT kirby AT autodesk.com
He sent me a dwf about a year ago (too big to post here) I can send that to you if you like
I wouldn't think they would spend too much time on this now that they bought NavisWorks, this is a much better solution than trying to do it through Revit

Brandon_Pike
2008-02-11, 03:33 PM
I see, interesting. I just though it would be nice to have just a plug-in instead of having to have another piece of software. If you could send me that, that would be great.

Thanks for the information.

Thanks,

david.kingham
2008-02-11, 03:36 PM
If you could PM or email me your email I will send it over to you.

mbansal
2008-05-06, 01:33 PM
I tried my best but I cannot find any additional information on this tool. Can anyone help me to trace this application. Is it a software or plug in?

david.kingham
2008-05-06, 02:05 PM
Did you contact Lancy Kirby?

truevis
2008-05-07, 01:58 AM
I heard a rumor that Autodesk consulting (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=10222994)sells it, customized for their clients.

zaki.mallasi
2008-06-14, 03:00 AM
I would also agree that ADSK won’t develop it coz they have acquired NavisWorks containing the 4D simulator, which is an excellent tool. My experience tells me that project planners want a quick easy way to link 3D revit BIM model to project schedule.

I have found the discussion very useful here in AUGI and I am somehow trying to improve my 4D interface to match revit BIM. Revit BIM is such great and rich database if used directly with 4D then many of the tedious work on in 4D modeling can be eliminated.

sinisa.rakovic
2008-07-21, 09:58 AM
For those of you that are interested in automatic "Geometry-based Scheduling Simulation", please let me know and I will arrange for a webinar that will show you how you can generate an MS Project or Primavera Gantt chart with thousands of taks instantly directly from your Autodesk Revit model !!

Namely, our company Building Explorer is the first to bring a true 4D automation tool to the market that allows you to store production management logic into a scheduling engine that you can manipulate so that multiple building options can be created with relative ease in a 5D environment.

Sinisa Rakovic
President & Co-Founder

Building Explorer, Inc
s.rakovic@buildingexplorer.com

mbansal
2008-08-04, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the reply. Please arrange for the webnair as I am keen to learn more about how generate an MS Project or Primavera Gantt chart. Thanks in advance

sinisa.rakovic
2008-08-06, 10:31 AM
Mbansal,

It would be my pleasure to formally introduce you to the Building Explorer VDC Cost and Scheduling analysis platform.

Please email me the time/date that would work for you;furthermore, here are the times and dates that we could arrange for a webinar:

Tue/Wed/Thu
8am-10am PST

Thank you.

s.rakovic@buildingexplorer.com

mbansal
2008-08-11, 10:11 AM
Hi Sinisa,
Thank you for the response. I am comfortable on 12th August 2008 (Tue) 8am-10am PST. Please confirm.

Thanks in advance.

Tabz
2008-09-09, 11:01 PM
i too would like the webinar, could you let me know when this will be taking place. cheers

wadhah7
2009-05-08, 02:47 PM
hi every body
I am interested in the revit architecture and microsoft project dose any body help me how I can link between them to get 4D view.
many thanks

wadhah

pdavis
2009-05-10, 01:16 PM
I heard a rumor that Autodesk consulting (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=10222994)sells it, customized for their clients.

Autodesk Consulting does offer the tool to their clients.