PDA

View Full Version : not sure how to proceed...doors, curtainwall

ntnik
2008-02-10, 11:02 PM
I have several simular instances withing a large building (ref to pdf)

the doors in this instance are curtain wall components (i edited family to make them look like solid wood)....

the "curtain wall" will actialy be hollow metal frame. it is modeled as storefront.

is there a way to edit/combine/nest a door family into a frame like i need ??? (i do not like the way these curtain wall doors schedule)....if i can do that (create a nested family with altering the door frame to the sizes and number of glazing panels i need) i think i will like how the doors schedule and it will just be quicker

yes/no

twiceroadsfool
2008-02-10, 11:31 PM
What about the way that they schedule dont you like?

Im sure there is a way to do what youre after, im just not sure its the most appropriate solution. You can put a Basic Wall in as the curtain panel, and could then (i THINK) put a standard Door family in there Wall, unless im mistaken.

Seems like a hassle though. I think it would be easier to alter the Curtain Panel Door Family, and the way it schedules...

dhurtubise
2008-02-11, 02:58 AM
Yes Aaron you can put a wall and insert the dorr. But like Aaron mention you better create the family because that will add some wall taht could screw up a schedule.

twiceroadsfool
2008-02-11, 03:07 AM
That and its just a general Pain in the ***... :)

ntnik
2008-02-11, 01:26 PM
thanks guys....may just stay with the panel