PDA

View Full Version : Wipeouts

matt_grr
2008-02-11, 03:29 PM
I wish I knew if there was a way to use a similar command such as wipeout in ADT and apply it to revit for section cuts, text, notes etc. on plan views and details.

aaronrumple
2008-02-11, 03:43 PM
There is.
It is called a masking region. Find it under the drafting tools. Also filled regions can be used to mask elemets with hatch patterns.

Masking regions can be used inside 3D families also....

Text can be opaque, so that it automatically masks the backgound...

matt_grr
2008-02-11, 03:49 PM
thank you much, appreciate it.

ldcadd127
2008-04-03, 04:48 PM
There is.
It is called a masking region. Find it under the drafting tools. Also filled regions can be used to mask elemets with hatch patterns.

Masking regions can be used inside 3D families also....

Text can be opaque, so that it automatically masks the backgound...

How exactly does the masking function work on a plan view?

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-03, 04:53 PM
Very simple. Just create the boundaries surrounding something you don't want to see in plan (not annotations) and it will hide it. The mask region can have its boundary lines set as invisible too.

Andre Carvalho

ldcadd127
2008-04-03, 05:07 PM
so annotation symbols are not included either? I created our 2d symbols as annotation symbols but i don't want them to show when I "wipeout" the parts of a floor plan that includes them. What is the best way to do that?

Also, I've created a simple floor plan that the masking is simply not wiping out.

ldcadd127
2008-04-03, 05:16 PM
Never mind. It's working for most of my floor plans correctly. I have to figure out why it wasn't working on on-the-fly floor plan with symbols.

asaastad
2008-04-17, 08:12 PM
If your view was set to wire frame graphics style they will not mask the geometry they are covering. Might be why on on view they worked and on another they didn't.

Andre Carvalho
2008-04-18, 03:42 PM
If your view was set to wire frame graphics style they will not mask the geometry they are covering. Might be why on on view they worked and on another they didn't.

If you use Filled region with a solid white background, it will mask even if the view is set to wireframe. This is a workaround if you need your view to show wireframe and still want to mask things.

Andre Carvalho