PDA

View Full Version : Edit Cut Profile Line settings

richs
2008-02-11, 09:07 PM
I have done some edit cut profiles of walls and floors in section so they display correctly. The boundary of the cut profile is displaying with very fat lines. Can someone tell me if these line thicknesses can be over ridden? If so where is the setting. Thanks

lhanyok
2008-02-11, 09:49 PM
The lineweight of the cut profile is controlled by the settings associated with the element that you've cut. For example, if it's a wall, go to Visibility/Graphics and check the settings under the cut column for walls.

richs
2008-02-11, 10:25 PM
Thanks. That did it. Should have thought of it myself but must have had a brain fart.

thand
2008-04-09, 03:10 PM
How do you control the line weights of an edit cut profile object?

I used the edit cut profile tool to extend a wall layer (Stone Veneer) down to a brick ledge in the foundation wall. Then I used the edit cut profile tool to extend the Mortar Lathe Layer down to the same level. What I get is a heavy line weight between the 2 edit cut profile objects.

I tried using the linework tool on the heavy line between the two but the linework tool doesn't work on edit cut profile objects.

Has anyone else seen or had this issue?

Thanks

aaronrumple
2008-04-09, 03:25 PM
How do you control the line weights of an edit cut profile object?

I used the edit cut profile tool to extend a wall layer (Stone Veneer) down to a brick ledge in the foundation wall. Then I used the edit cut profile tool to extend the Mortar Lathe Layer down to the same level. What I get is a heavy line weight between the 2 edit cut profile objects.

I tried using the linework tool on the heavy line between the two but the linework tool doesn't work on edit cut profile objects.

Has anyone else seen or had this issue?

Thanks

You probably don't want to use the edit cut profile in this instance. It leaves the 3D and eleveation incorrect. You are better off unlocking the stone layer and pulling that layer down to the ledge. A join geometry will then clean up the linework.

Do a search here for brick ledge and you should fine more detail on this.

thand
2008-04-09, 03:46 PM
You probably don't want to use the edit cut profile in this instance. It leaves the 3D and eleveation incorrect. You are better off unlocking the stone layer and pulling that layer down to the ledge. A join geometry will then clean up the linework.

Do a search here for brick ledge and you should fine more detail on this.

Thanks for the response Aaron and I agree with you, but here is the large picture to my problem.

I have a wall that I've edited the wall profile. Now when I adjust the wall layers at the base of the wall, it pulls down the stone layers at my wall profile edit. This is why I was trying to use an edit cut profile in my section view in efforts to show it correctly.

I've attached an image of the wall profile edit to help clarify my post.

thand
2008-04-09, 03:52 PM
Here is an image of the section and the edit cut profile issue..

Thanks

aaronrumple
2008-04-09, 03:58 PM
Thanks for the response Aaron and I agree with you, but here is the large picture to my problem.

I have a wall that I've edited the wall profile. Now when I adjust the wall layers at the base of the wall, it pulls down the stone layers at my wall profile edit. This is why I was trying to use an edit cut profile in my section view in efforts to show it correctly.

I've attached an image of the wall profile edit to help clarify my post.

In this instance I wouldn't do a edit sketch. I'd do it with 3 walls. The two piers on either side and then a header wall offset fron the floor level.

Then the bottom offset wll work fine.

Remove the sketch. Split the wall at the two points. Change the base level for the middle wall. Adjust the base offset for the other two.

thand
2008-04-09, 04:03 PM
In this instance I wouldn't do a edit sketch. I'd do it with 3 walls. The two piers on either side and then a header wall offset fron the floor level.

Then the bottom offset wll work fine.

Remove the sketch. Split the wall at the two points. Change the base level for the middle wall. Adjust the base offset for the other two.

Thanks

I just then need to duplicate the wall type and then assign the middle wall the new wall type that doesn't have the stone veneer layer pulled down.

I understand what needs to be done now. Thanks

aaronrumple
2008-04-09, 10:11 PM
Thanks

I just then need to duplicate the wall type and then assign the middle wall the new wall type that doesn't have the stone veneer layer pulled down.

I understand what needs to be done now. Thanks

..actually you didn't need two wall types. The offset for the stone is instance based - so two wall can have different vaules. The middle wall would just have a value of 0".

thand
2008-04-09, 10:18 PM
..actually you didn't need two wall types. The offset for the stone is instance based - so two wall can have different vaules. The middle wall would just have a value of 0".

That's right... I don't know what I was thinking when I posted earlier....

Thanks Again..

Todd

brachac
2008-05-22, 08:55 PM
I got this to work changing the projection line weight not the cut line weight.