PDA

View Full Version : glass guard rails ...

j_starko
2008-02-11, 10:01 PM
Hey guys ,
I'm trying to model a railing family that will have glass panes instead of metail railings .

i can get it to put in " 6"base-vinyl " profile .. which i can make into glass . and then I've set up a series of them to fill the whole guardrail , but how do i modify the profile so that i could have one 30" glass panel.

how can i change the profile ?

any suggestions ?

sbrown
2008-02-11, 10:16 PM
Take a look at the railings sample file at the web library. You can do it 2 ways 1 is a railing that is the profile of the glass with a surface pattern of verticals set to 30". or create a balluster panel family that is your glass, again ref the railings sample file.

j_starko
2008-02-12, 06:59 PM
Thanks , I'm playing with that right now . but still having troubles making it look like I want it too look.

the sample ones have a 24" glass pane . I want to make this bigger and show some detail lines . but I can't find where to find the associated baluster family .

I'm making headway tho . all i'd like to do is make the 24" panel of glass be closer to 4' or 6' .

j_starko
2008-02-12, 08:43 PM
I'm good to go . thru tinkering i've figure out how to get my own familes in .. but have no idea where the familes from the web librarie's items are.

how can you back track to find out where familes are kept ? sounds like a silly question but it's an honest one.

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-02-13, 07:32 AM
You can access all he families stored in a Revit project from the project browser. Just scroll through to find the baluster you need and right click to edit.

sbrown
2008-02-13, 01:29 PM
The web libraries can be accessed from the File>Open dialog box in the upper right hand corner is a link.