PDA

View Full Version : Plan Regions not working

sfaust
2008-02-13, 11:23 PM
All,

we have a project where it seems that plan regions are losing their "plan regioning" ability. The plan regions are created, and seem to work fine at first. After an unspecified time, though (usually at least a day) they are still there, but show as if they didn't exist. We can still change the settings, and the numbers update, but there is no longer any change in the view display...

Has anyone experienced this?

rjcrowther
2008-02-14, 04:29 AM
No, thankfully.

I am also not on a server or use worksets.

I have had the instance where an object within a plan region doesn't show correctly and to solve it I move the boundary of the region slightly away from the object/area I want to show.

Can mucking around with visibility/graphics effect it - logic says no but logic also says this shouldn't happen by itself.

Have you set strange view range settings in the View Propoerties - Element Properties dialogue (right click on the view, select view properties from the menu, etc)?

Rob

sfaust
2008-02-14, 03:59 PM
upon further investigation I'm sure this is either some kind of bug or an error in the file, I'm sending to support.

Changing the view range of the view changes the view range of the whole view including the plan region, as if it didn't exist. Changing visibility and graphics doesn't do anything either.

I did find one way to get it back, though. If you simply select the plan region and edit it, then finish the sketch (no need to change anything) it comes back...

rjcrowther
2008-02-15, 01:17 AM
Changing the view range of the view changes the view range of the whole view including the plan region, as if it didn't exist.

Thats probably the clincher there. It is not seeing the plan region for some reason.

Just out of curiosity - has it allowed you to nest them? And, do you have a lot of regions in the view?

sfaust
2008-02-15, 04:07 PM
Just out of curiosity - has it allowed you to nest them? And, do you have a lot of regions in the view?

Hadn't thought to test if it would let me nest, but it does, so it's not seeing it for sure.

It is the only plan region in the view.

bskripac
2008-02-18, 06:52 PM
Steve,

I am having the exact same problem that you outlined, but when I changed the overall view range for the plan it did not has the same outcome regarding the plan region that you mentioned. Have you found anything else out? I also sent this issue in to Autodesk.

sfaust
2008-02-18, 06:57 PM
No. I submitted it, but have gotten no response so far. The only thing I've figured out is that you can just edit the sketch and finish the sketch (without making changes) and it will come back. At least in our case it will. I will update when I hear anything.

bskripac
2008-02-18, 07:02 PM
Thanks Steve, I will be sure to update this post if I hear anything else...