PDA

View Full Version : Revit architecture and structure coordination

pfaudler
2008-02-14, 02:07 PM
Hi.

I have 14 revit architecture model files for one project.We have 2D grid file with true OS coordinates (x,y) for each building. For each model i did following.

1. link 2D grid file center-to-center into new revit project file.
2. rotate it to get rectilinear working.
3. acquire shared co-ordinate from this linked file
4. start building archi. model on top of this grid file.

Now our structural consultant have done their original modelling for 14 buildings in this way.

1. Start new revit project and model their elements.
2. Specify x,y, co-ordinates by "Specify co-ordinates at a point" method.
3. Go to elevation view and select any level and change elevation base to shared.
4. Recolate project to show true elevation height.

Co-ordinating at true elevation level wasnt agreed at the outset so i didnt bother to move grid file to right elevation before acquiring co-ordinates in architectural models.

So after discovering that structural models have true elevation, I relocated one architectural project (using Relocate project) in elevation in shared elevation base to check how structure model fits.

Now here is the problem. When i try to link structure revit model into revit architecture model, revit says they do not have common shared co-ordinates and hence places at center-to-center location. When i export both models seperately from revit with shared co-ordinates as 3D dwg and xref into autocad, they align fine. But not in Revit.

Can somebody please help me to resolve this issue as there are lot of revit buildings involved here.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

pfaudler
2008-02-18, 11:07 AM
Any help please?
I am stuck with this project models and i need to resolve this asap.

Thanks in anticipation of your help.

rahul

ajayholland
2008-02-18, 05:35 PM
When i try to link structure revit model into revit architecture model, revit says they do not have common shared co-ordinates and hence places at center-to-center location.

Since you still need help I’ll just take a wild guess. What if you align your architectural model with the structural model – then acquire its coordinates?

~AJH

dhurtubise
2008-02-19, 04:42 PM
Are you using the coordination monitor on levels?